Building Your Personal Brand
- “Your brand is what people say about you when you’re not in the room.” –Jeff Bezos
Businesses establish a brand and a branding strategy to stand out in the marketplace and differentiate themselves from competition. Similarly, the personal brand of each individual working in an organization has an impact on the business’ overall competitive advantage. A personal brand can help a new supervisor gain confidence and allow them to achieve buy-in with their teams. In this 3.5-hour training, participants will identify their core values and how they play out at work and at home. Through practical exercise, participants will learn the difference between fear-based and conscious-based values and from there begin to build their personal brand and align it with business goals. Additionally, in this session participants will learn to find their own style of leadership. Armed with the awareness of who they are, and who they want to become as supervisors, we have found that many supervisors are able to communicate more effectively at all levels in the organization, making it easy to build rapport and manage conflict more effectively, which are key skills for all supervisors regardless of experience. We will achieve these objectives:
- Identify what it means to be intentional in your workplace as a leader.
- Identify your core values and how they contribute to a positive and constructive workplace.
- Create your own professional mission statement and an action plan to get it started.
- Determine what you want to be known for.
- Create an action plan to communicate your Personal Brand.